Buen Appetito Bolognese by Fry's Family Food
Buen Appetito Bolognese
A Bolognese for a wonderful meal.
For Bolognese: 2 Tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 medium celery stalk, finely chopped
1 medium carrot, grated
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 sprigs of rosemary, chopped
2 Tbsp (30 ml) tomato paste
1 x 410 g tin of chopped tomatoes
2 Tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce
1 Tbsp (15 ml) red wine vinegar
1 C (250 ml) vegetable stock
2 tsp sugar 2 bay leaves
1 x box of Fry's Pea Protein Mince
300 g dried spaghetti, cooked according to the packaging
¼ C (60 ml) finely chopped Italian parsley
¼ C (60 ml) finely chopped fresh basil
1 Tbsp (15 ml) finely chopped fresh oregano
1 Tbsp (15 ml) finely chopped fresh rosemary
1 Tbsp (15 ml) finely chopped chives
1 Tbsp (15 ml) roughly chopped baby capers
1 garlic clove, chopped or microplaned
2 Tbsp (30 ml) red wine vinegar
½ C (125 ml) olive oil
Zest and juice of 2 limes
- Set a medium sized pot over medium-high heat and heat the olive oil. Add the onion, celery and carrot to the pot and fry for 10 minutes until the veggies have softened and begin to colour.
- Add the garlic, rosemary and tomato paste and fry for 2 minutes to cook out the tomato paste. Add the Fry’s Pea Protein Mince, tinned chopped tomatoes, soy sauce, red wine vinegar, vegetable stock, sugar and bay leaves and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Simmer for 30 minutes until the sauce has thickened to the desired consistency.
- Add all the ingredients for the salsa verde to a bowl and mix well to combine, allow to sit and infuse.
- For a smoother consistency (and a quicker option), you can opt to blitz everything with a hand blender. If you do choose to blitz, leave out the capers and add in after blitzing to keep a little chunkiness.
- Serve the Bolognese over cooked spaghetti and top with fresh salsa verde.