It is actually two in one because you can cook them to be dense fudgy brownies, or lighter cakier brownies (but still moist enough to be brownies instead of cake!). So everyone can make their favorite kind of brownie!!
The biggest secret to making these brownies taste great is adding chocolate chips to the mix (vegan of course). When you stir hot water into the mix it melts and adds the fudgy texture and extra chocolate taste to the brownies. If you want cakier brownies you use room temperature water, so the chocolate chips don’t melt. So you get yummy brownies studded with chocolate chips! Both ways are great!
This mix makes one 8 or 9 inch pan of brownies, or split it in half and make two loaf pans of brownies. You can even make them as little muffin sizes for individual servings! All you need to do is add oil and water (the exact instructions are on the bag).
Nobody will guess these are vegan, so these are a great way to make a quick snack to share with family, friends, classmates, etc. it’s helpful to have a pack on hand for when you just don’t have time to bake from scratch but you need a treat!
Some ways you can change these up:
- Add 1 teaspoon of natural vanilla extract for extra flavor (can use in combination with any other variation)
- Use nut butter in place of some of all of the oil. Swirl extra nut butter into the top!
- Mix 1/4 to 1/2 cup of cashew cream cheese with a little sweetener and touch of water and swirl into the top of the brownie batter for cream cheese brownies!
- Add 1/4 to 1 teaspoon other flavor extract such as mint, orange, almond, coffee etc for different flavors (I recommend natural flavors, not artificial)
- add more chocolate chips, or nuts such as walnuts.
375g bag of brownie mix, enough to make one pan.
whole wheat atta flour, organic unrefined cane sugar, vegan dark chocolate chips, cocoa powder, tapioca starch, baking powder, himalayan salt