Make a super quick meal with this vegan carbonara sauce powder! What is carbonara? It is a classic Italian pasta sauce that is made from eggs, cheese, olive oil, and usually onions, garlic, and black pepper. It is served with a smoky meat (often pancetta or bacon). Definitely not vegan! But no worries, now you can have your carbonara vegan style!!
This powder is made from ground cashews, tapioca starch, and the perfect combo of spices and flavoring to get a slightly eggy and cheesy flavor, with a good sprinkle of black pepper.
Cashews and tapioca combine to make a perfect creamy and cheesy consistency to this sauce.
How to Cook: there are 2 ways of cooking this
- Easy - mix 1/3 cup (40g) sauce powder with 200ml water and 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil. Cook over medium heat until it thickens and comes to a boil. If it is too thick, add more water. For a lower fat sauce, use extra water and NO oil.
- Extra Creamy - in a blender, add 1/3 cup (40g) of sauce powder with 200ml water and 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil. Blend for about 30 seconds. Pour into a small pan and cook over medium heat until it thickens and comes to a boil. If too thick, add a little water. For a lower fat sauce, use extra water instead of the oil.
The extra creamy sauce will be thicker than the easy sauce, so you may need to add a little extra water. After cooking, taste and add more salt/pepper if desired.
How to Serve:
Carbonara is traditionally served with spaghetti noodles, and a smoky meat such as pancetta or bacon. Mix your sauce with the spaghetti and add your smoky pepper roast on top. Serve with a salad or add green peas to the pasta. Sprinkle MyPlantDeli's Grated Parmesan on top!
One batch of sauce is enough for approximately 250g of spaghetti.
This sauce is also great on veggie burgers, roasted veggies, steamed broccoli, mixed into pasta/rice/chickpeas/veggie for a casserole, and more!
One pack has approximately 1 1/3 cups of powder (160g), enough to make 4 batches of sauce
Cashews, nutritional yeast, tapioca starch, onion powder, himalayan salt, vegan lactic acid, garlic powder, dry mustard, black salt, black pepper
1. This is a chilled product.
2. If you have any frozen/chilled items in your cart, your order will be delivered through our frozen 'premium' delivery option, which is only available for KL/Selangor.
3. For 'standard' delivery options, please remove any frozen/chilled products from your cart.