Many commercial chemical sun screens/sun blocks sold at your local drugstores contain toxic ingredients and hormone disrupting chemicals that in many cases can actually promote skin cancer growth and free radical production in the body. Sunscreen ingredient like Oxybenzone, a known hormone disruptor that is not recommended for use on children because it prevents correct hormone formation.
Even more alarming? Researchers estimate that over 5,000 metric tons of chemical sunscreens that washes into the ocean, results in coral reef bleaching. Starting to see the reason some chemical sunscreens may do more harm than good?
A safer option for you, your family and our ocean? Our natural sunscreen uses Zinc Oxide, a powdered mineral that sits on top of the skin, scattering, reflecting, and absorbing UVA & UVB rays. This ingredient is less harmful to corals and are not linked to coral bleaching. Read more here.
➤ Disclaimer: This product has been renamed from Sunblock to Sunscreen to abide rules and regulations of the Ministry of Health (MOH) / Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia (KKM). This is a natural recipe and has not been tested scientifically in a laboratory for an exact SPF number. For this reason, we can’t (and don’t) make any claims or even guesses as to the SPF number.
➤ Tip: Use a utensil to scoop out the desired amount product into a clean dish or apply to the top of your hand then apply to the skin. Mix in mineral powder/raw cocoa powder to create a tinted moisturizer ;) Sun protection should always be reapplied every 2 hours for maximum protection against sun damage.
➤ How to Use
Apply a thin layer to clean skin. White cast will disappear as you rub it in. Start with a little and build up if you need to. Can be used on face, body and lips. Reapply at least every 2 hours or after sweating and swimming.
• Raw Shea Butter: anti inflammatory and collagen boosting properties
• Candelilla Wax: anti-inflammatory
• Jojoba Oil: treats acne, retains moisture, soothes irritated skin
• Zinc Oxide: highly effective in protecting against both UVA and UVB rays, the types of UV radiation that cause sunburn and skin cancer.
• Fragrance Free
• Can be used on face, body and lips
• Will not bleach the ocean reef
• Broad spectrum in UVA and UVB
• Pregnant, Breastfeeding and Children safe
• Zinc Oxide is the ONLY sunscreen active ingredient that’s been tested and FDA approved for use on babies under 6 months of age and children – this illustrates its high degree of safety.
• Apply zinc oxide to keep excess oils from forming on the surface. It is sometimes used as an acne treatment, it is believed to reduce the appearance of blemishes and reduce skin irritation and inflammation, reducing the number and severity of acne breakouts.
➤ More Information
• Sun protection should always be reapplied every 2 hours for maximum protection against sun damage.
• Sunscreens with Zinc Oxide often appear white on the skin.
• This sunscreen is not waterproof and will need to be reapplied after sweating or swimming.
• Due to the nature of using 100% natural ingredients, the color or texture can occasionally vary. If texture changes (melted runny liquid texture or small ball like texture) simply place jar in hot water until melted, keep cap closed to avoid water condensation from entering the product, then place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
➤ Caution & Care
Nett Weight: 100g | Shelf Life: 1 year from opening