Plump, Italian-style tomatoes sourced from the fertile Montagu area, are sun-dried to intensify and concentrate their flavours. A spoonful of our Sun-dried Tomato Pesto (enriched with extra virgin olive oil) will lift the flavour of any dish and give it that distinctive delicious tomato sweetness counterbalanced by the natural tartness.
- Delicious spread over pizza bases, stirred into pastas and tofu scramble.
- Give a twist to Ina Paarman's Classic Balsamic Vinaigrette by adding a little Tomato Pesto.
- Add a couple of spoonfuls to stews, soups, curries and oven baked vegetables.
- Spread over oven baked plant-based meat and top with vegan buttered crumbs mixed with Verdanya's powdered Parmesan.
- We think this pesto might even go well with thosai and be a great ingredient for tomato rice (thakkali sadam with a twist).
Ingredients: Sun-dried tomatoes (28%), Filtered water, Extra virgin olive oil (14%), Tomatoes (13%), Vinegar, Fresh garlic, Canola oil (Antioxidant: Vitamin E), Tomato paste, Sugar, Salt, Corn starch, Fresh basil, Pepper, Stabiliser: Xanthan gum, Colourant: Fruits extracts, Yeast extract, Flavouring.