- 6 soy big steaks (2 Packets)
- 1L vegetable stock
- 4 onions, medium-sized
- 1 carrot, medium size
- Bunch of spring onions
- 2 slices of wholemeal toast, toasted and grated
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 100g chickpea cream
- ½ bunch of chives, freshly chopped
- Sweet Mustard
- Sunflower Oil
- Wooden toothpicks or kitchen twine
- Place soy big steaks in a sufficiently large bowl or casserole dish and pour boiling hot vegetable stock over them. Let soak for about 30-40 minutes, turning the soy steaks occasionally.
- Peel and halve the onions and cut into very fine wedges or half rings. Heat some sunflower oil in a large pan and slowly fry the onions over medium heat until golden brown. Transfer the fried onions into a bowl.
- Peel the carrot and grate finely with a grater. Clean the spring onions and slice into fine rings. Roast whole grain toast and grate finely. Add the grated carrots and spring onion rings to the fried onions in the bowl and mix in, then season with freshly ground pepper and salt to taste. Finally, mix in the chickpea cream, grated wholemeal toast and freshly chopped chives.
- Remove the soaked big steaks from the broth and squeeze out excess water lightly. Brush the soy steaks with a teaspoon of sweet mustard and spread about 2-3 tablespoons full of the vegetable filling on them, leaving some space at both ends of the big steaks .
- Now carefully roll up the big steaks with the filling in them, fix the roulades with toothpicks or tie with kitchen twine.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan and fry the spring roulades. Serve spring roulades with fresh vegetables or salad.
Our tip: Chutney also goes wonderfully with our spring roulades!
Portion: For approx. 6 people
A recipe from Sophie Mathisz