Crispy Fried Vegan Calamari by Tulsi's Vegan Kitchen
Recipe: Crispy Fried Vegan Calamari
If you miss having calamari, this recipe is for you. It uses Nature's Charm Vegan Calamari, a can of marinated ring-shaped mushrooms ready to be drained, battered, fried and munched on.
Portion: 2 servings
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
1 can vegan calamari
1/4 cup rice flour
1/4 cup corn flour
1/2 tsp white pepper powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp baking powder
Note: You may add red chilli powder if you prefer it spicier or kashmiri chilli powder to give a brighter red colour to the dish.
Add To Cart
Sun Nature Organic White Peppercorns 70g (can be ground into powder form)
- Drain the vegan calamari from its marinate water.
- Mix all the flour and spice powders for coating.
- Put calamari slices into flour and coat well, adding 2-3 tbsp water to get a good coating.
- Leave aside for 10 minutes for the calamari to absorb the spiced flour.
- Heat oil to medium high and fry the calamari slices for 4-5 minutes, flipping over a few times to get an even cooking.
- Once the calamari slices are light brown, remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Serve while still hot with some chilli sauce as a dip.